The McKim Building Rotunda
The McKim Building at The Morgan Library & Museum - Interior
The Morgan Library & Museum – formerly the Pierpont Morgan Library – is a museum and research library located at 225 Madison Avenue at East 36th Street in the Murray Hill neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. It was founded to house the private library of J. P. Morgan in 1906, which included manuscripts and printed books, some of them in rare bindings, as well as his collection of prints and drawings. The library was designed by Charles McKim of the firm of McKim, Mead and White. It was made a public institution in 1924 by J. P. Morgan's son John Pierpont Morgan, Jr., in accordance with his father's will. The building was designated a New York City landmark in 1966 and was declared a National Historic Landmark later that same year.
New York, New York
Architect & Date
Charles McKim, 1906
The Morgan Library & Museum
ICR conducted cleaning tests on the several marbles and mosaics in the Central Hall and with ICC implemented the final recommendations.
Design-Build - Cleaning Testing & Implementation:
Cleaning testing on various marbles and mosaics to reach desired level of clean
Implementation of successful materials and methods with ICC
This project was design-build for ICR and ICC. ICR tested several proprietary products on the various marbles and mosaics present in the Central Hall of the McKim building. The most compatible material and method were selected for full-scale implementation. With ICC, protection was designed and installed for specific features in the room and scaffold was erected. ICR and ICC utilized a product that is a spray-applied latex which was peeled from the marble surface once dry.